Monday, March 2, 2009

double ear....

so what started as a right ear infection last thursday, is now a double ear infection. we are on our 5th treatment for ear infections. this is the 3rd different medicine. if this doesn't clear it up, or if it comes back quickly, it'll be tubes for her, too. it seems to me that i read somewhere that breastfed babies tend to get sick less and have less ear infections?!?!? this hasn't held true in our house. jacob was my least nursed baby, and he was healthy as a horse! jack was nursed a little more than jacob, he has tubes (at 9mos), and jordyn is still nursing!!! what the heck????

well, wish us well with this antibiotic. we'll find out in a couple/few weeks if it did it's job!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ack! How annoying!
I honestly think it has more to do with the angle of the ear canal. I had TONS of them and was a formula baby. Lily has only had a couple and Sophia has had none and they are both formula babies.
You just never can tell.
I hope she feels better soon!